Application->work permit and re-applying

#1 von traveller2012 , 10.07.2011 01:56

Hi,

hope you can help.

- I just got my application for work and travel (under IEC) 2011 approved.
The paper states the validity goes until 01/26/2012 and that i must enter Canada no later than that date.
Upon entry I will receive a work permit which will be valid for a period of up to 12 months from the date of entry.

Does this mean that I could enter Canada on the 1st of January 2012 and that the work permit runs until the 1st of January 2013?

Or is the whole thing just valid until 01/26/2012 (application and work permit)

Any Experience?

Unfortunately the Canadian Embassy doesn't answer my questions.

-Furthermore I would like to know if I can re-apply (if I waive my right on the already approved application)?

Is there a forced waiting time before applying is possible?

Many thanks for your answers.

E

traveller2012  
traveller2012
Besucher

RE: Application->work permit and re-applying

#2 von phisch1312 , 10.07.2011 04:13

Hi,

you will get your work permit on the date you enter Canada and it should be valid for one year from the date of entry. The letter, you got sent by the embassy, is a kind of entry permit with a validity date. In your case the entry permit expires on 1/26/2012. You can enter Canada until this date marked on your letter of introduction.

The International Experience Canada programe contains three different types of work permit --> Working Holiday, Young Professional and Internship. You can take part twice in the IEC programe, but the second time you have to apply for a different type of work permit. That means, if you now have applied for a Working Holiday work permit, you can re-apply a second time, but just for either the Young professional or the Internship work permit. As far as I know, there are limited places for each type of work permit. For 2011 we had 4200 Working Holiday places and 800 Young Professional and Internship places. They got approved by first come, first served so long as your application is complete and your eligible.

This is the status for citizens of Germany and the Netherlands.

I hope I could help you...

Ab Ende September 2011 in Montreal...

phisch1312  
phisch1312
Besucher

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz